Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.faircap.co.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Client information is private and confidential. The Cliveden Advisory Group (“CAG”), together with its affiliate, Fair Capital Partners, Inc. (the “CAG/Faircap Group” or “we/us/our”) recognizes that our clients have a right to have their information protected. The CAG/Faircap Group Privacy Protection Policy (this “Policy”) governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal client information. Specifically, this Policy outlines how the CAG/Faircap Group complies with all applicable provincial and federal regulations governing client information, including without limitation the Personal Information Protection Act, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act and any other applicable privacy laws in Canada and the United States. This Policy is posted so that our clients and potential clients (“you”) are aware of how your personal information is stored and handled, as well as to advise you of any rights and obligations you may have.
The CAG/Faircap Group adheres to the following privacy principles:
1. We do not collect, use or disclose personal information without clearly defining the purposes of such collection, use or disclosure or without obtaining informed consent.
2. The collection, use or disclosures of personal information we make are limited to purposes that a reasonable person obtaining our services would consider appropriate under the relevant business circumstances or are otherwise required by law.
3. The CAG/Faircap Group will only use client information to respond to our clients regarding their legitimate business interests. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization (other than may incidentally occur pursuant to market standard web-hosting arrangements) unless you specifically consent to such sharing pursuant to a valid non-disclosure agreement, nor will we sell or rent your information under any circumstances.
4. We protect, retain and destroy all client information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; permit our clients to access to their information upon request, and provide them with a right to challenge any information we retain.
5. We respect the right of our clients to opt-out of further contact with the CAG/Faircap Group for any reason.
6. The CAG/Faircap Group protects our client information using market standard protocols for businesses of our size and type. When our clients submit sensitive information via the website, that information is protected both online and offline.
7. We provide our clients with prompt notice of any data breaches applicable to their information, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
It is important to safeguard private and confidential client information. The CAG/Faircap Group confirms compliance with privacy legislation and uses the utmost discretion when dealing with client information. The CAG/Faircap Group will regularly monitor and assess the environment of compliance in terms of protection of private client information.
The CAG/Faircap Group does not collect specific client information from site visitors unless personal information is provided or contact is requested. Please note that websites owned and operated by the CAG/Faircap Group may employ standard technology to collect information about how the firm’s site is used for the purposes of improving website design. Website information is collected in many forms including by obtaining the domain name of visitors, user preferences, cookies, personal information that is volunteered, and geographic location. Website guests may occasionally receive emails from the CAG/Faircap Group informing them of commentaries on our businesses, performance updates, news and industry insight. This information will be distributed in accordance with any applicable anti-spam legislation.
By providing the CAG/Faircap Group with personal information, you signify that you agree with the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with any term in this Policy, please do not provide any personal information. If you choose not to provide personal information, you may not be able to do certain things, like send us e-mail or receive our newsletters. Pursuant to our privacy principles, consent to use personal information may be withdrawn by a client at any time. If you no longer want to receive emails regarding our services, news and industry insight, you can unsubscribe to the list clicking “unsubscribe from this list” at the bottom of the email.
This Policy is intended to provide clients of the CAG/Faircap Group with comfort that their personal information is handled with the utmost importance and care. The CAG/Faircap Group is continually balancing clients’ right to privacy with the needs of the business and therefore, welcome any feedback on how privacy protection policies and procedures can be improved. For more information, please contact the Privacy Officer – Mona Awad, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer at email@example.com